District parents play a huge role in voicing what they see as a need for their children. A better understanding of what can be done with the grant monies can be explained and many programs are parent/student driven! Come find out what is currently being done and learn about what more we can do for our Native Students!
Title VI/AMI Parent Committee
- Chairperson – Sarah Snetsinger
- Vice Chairperson – Marlene Myhre
- Secretary –Meredith McArthur
- Other Members:
- Vince Olson
- Joan LaVoy
- Staff Representative(s):
- Aimee Pederson
- Desiree Linden
- Jeff Bisek
- School Board Representative(s) – Kim Anderson
- Student Representatives – Native American Youth Council Officers
- Must be a parent, guardian, grandparent of an Indian child attending Mahnomen School District.
- Lack of participation (meaning 3 consecutive parent committee meetings without prior notice to the committee Chairperson will result in the committee utilizing its power to dismiss and cancel the committee member’s connection immediately.
- One classroom teacher for one year term alternating from year to year and until each successive term has expired.
- The student, administration and teacher representative shall be appointed by the district.
Parent Committee meets the Third Wednesday of each month beginning at 5:30 pm in the High School Library.
- Chairperson – Vacant
- Vice Chairperson - Mackenzie Wark
- Secretary – Tiffany Blue
- Other Members:
- Jackie Moore
- Patricia Porter
- Must have a JOM eligible child in the Mahnomen School District.
- Must be elected by majority vote at the annual committee election.
- Committee members must serve for 2 years.
JOM committee meets on a monthly basis and meetings are announced by the committee based on majority vote of selected dates.